- PURPOSE OF HIRE: The Hirer accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section
12(2) and paragraph 8 to Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely,
"a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the
house for a holiday."
- SUB-LETTING: The Hirer may not sub-let the hired premises or any part thereof.
- OCCUPANCY: The number of people occupying the hired premises may not exceed two.
The Owners' insurance is invalidated if the occupancy is greater than two in which
instance the owners retain the right to refuse admission or require the Hirer and
their party to leave. The Hirer must be of the minimum legal age of responsibility
(18 yrs) and the age of any occupant may not be less than 12 yrs.
- PERIOD OF HIRE. The hired premises will be available for occupancy 4pm on the day
of arrival and must be vacated by 9.30am on the day of departure.
- CHECKING IN: The Hirer is required to check in on the day of arrival between 4pm
& 7pm unless by prior arrangement.
- BREAKAGES: The Hirer is obliged to pay for any loss or damage beyond fair wear and
tear. The Owners accept that accidents do sometimes happen and any charge will be
at the Owners' discretion.
- PAYMENT: A deposit of £100 per lodge per week is payable at the time of booking,
except for periods of hire which encompass Christmas Day and/or New Years Day, in
which cases a deposit equal to 50% of the value of the booking is payable at the
time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable and enters the Hirer into a binding
contract. In paying the deposit or the total cost of the hire it is deemed that the
Hirer agrees to these Conditions of Hire. The outstanding balance due is required
to be received by the start of 31 days prior to the commencement of the let. The
owners retain the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the outstanding balance
due is not received by that time.
- CANCELLATION: In the event that a let is cancelled and that notice in writing is
received by the start of 31 days prior to the commencement of the let, no further
money beyond the deposit will be due. If notice is received later than the start
of 31 days prior to the commencement of the let the whole cost of the let will be
forfeit and any balance which remains outstanding will still be due. We strongly
recommend the purchase suitable holiday cancellation insurance.
- HIRER'S RESPONSIBILITIES: The Hirer is required at all times to keep the hired premises
in a clean and tidy condition, to leave the hired premises in a clean and tidy condition
on departure, to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance
to other guests or occupiers in the neighbourhood, to make the hired premises secure
if left unoccupied during the period of let and do nothing else which might vitiate
the Owners' insurance policy. Items of furniture, glassware, china, crockery, cutlery
or cooking utensils may not be moved between hired premises. In the event of a problem
arising, the owners retain the right to require the Hirer and their party to leave
and/or to make a charge for excessive cleaning if such cleaning is deemed necessary.
- PETS: Up to two dogs (not puppies) are permitted in certain lodges by prior arrangement.
No other type of pet is permitted. In instances where bringing dogs has been arranged
the Hirer undertakes and accepts that:
- they may not be left alone in the hired premises at any time
- they must be kept on leads in the grounds.
- they are not permitted on furniture and that the Hirer must provide suitable bedding.
- all fouling must be cleared up, bagged and binned.
- any 'accidents' inside the lodge must be reported to the owners.
- SMOKING: Smoking and candles are not permitted inside the hired premises or any other
building. Without exception the owners will exercise their right to require the Hirer
and their party to leave if any person is deemed to be smoking or to have smoked
within the hired premises or other buildings. Smoking is permitted within the grounds.
- OWNERS LIABILITY: The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Owners from any liability for
damage of injury however caused by any member of his party. The Owners, their agents
or employees accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of
the Hirer's party or to their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out
of the let of the premises.